Master of Business Administration (MBA)
An MBA is an academic qualification designed to equip individuals with specialized knowledge and skills across functions of any business undertakings.
The University of Wales MBA at IIHE is designed to achieve the above objective through a programme of 12 taught modules and a dissertation. Eight core modules and 4 electives will be taught .The electives are offered to facilitate limited specialization such as Finance, Marketing and HR. In addition to the taught modules, students are required to undertake a research based dissertation. This requires an MBA candidate to identify a management problem and to provide solutions to the problem using scientific methodology and the knowledge and skills acquired from the taught modules. This unique experience develops a manager who finds solutions to organizational problems through a rational decision making process rather than through gut feeling. Candidates armed with the Wales MBA will be able to become strong business leaders.
The MBA programme requires the completion of 180 credits (120 credits for the taught modules plus 60 credits for the dissertation). The MBA is awarded on successful completion of Part 1 and Part 2. Classes are held during weekday evenings or during the weekends.
- Accounting and Finance
- Quantitative Methods
- Organizational Behaviour
- Managerial Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
Four (04)from the following electives as oered by the institute
- Decision making in uncertain terms
- Business Finance
- International Business
- Global Marketing Strategy
- Project Management
- Management & Law
- E-commerce & Service Marketing
- An approved 1st degree with a minimum of two years relevant work experience. OR
- An approved professional Qualification such as CA, CIM, PQHRM(PIM). with at least three years of work experience. OR
- Mature students with a minimum of five years of managerial experience will also be considered.
- Satisfactory evidence of written and spoken English is essential.
- (the complete list of eligible Qualifications can be checked with the Institute)
Supports and Facilities
- Highly qualified faculty with relevant industrial experience
- Friendly and accessible staff.
- Library with books covering the range of subjects and options for the programmes study, plus periodicals and internationals journals.
- On-line access to electronic Journals and Periodicals.
- High-tech multimedia computer facility with unlimited Wi-Fi internet access
- Air-conditioned lecture rooms & syndicate rooms for group work and discussions that provide a comfortable learning environment.
- Social and cultural activities
- Canteen and recreation facilities.
Imperial Institute of Higher Education
No.25 ½ , Tower Building , Station Road