BSc (Hons) Business and Tourism Management
This course will allow you to gain an appreciation of theory alongside the practical skills needed to be an International Tourism Manager. You will be given the opportunity to learn about Destination Analysis, Rural Tourism and International Conference Tourism, Eco Tourism etc.
You will also gain an understanding of the impacts of current international initiatives around tourism leadership and innovation. There are opportunities to study in the UK at the University of Salford in Manchester.
All Business and Tourism Management students study the same modules in the first year, after which you are given the flexibility to review and change your options depending on which subjects interest you the most. This approach gives you a vital foundation in key business disciplines to support the subjects you go on to study in your second and final years. It also means that all students achieve the same level of Business and Tourism Management knowledge at the end of their first year
In your second year, you will start to take specialist modules and build your knowledge in these areas. You also have the option to change your specialism and original choice of degree.
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of HRM
- Business Statistics
- Organisations in a Global Environment
- Principles of Accounting
- Principles of Economics
- Project Management
- Destination Management
- Professional Development
- Event Tourism Management
- Event Planning and Development
- Law in a Business Context
- International Tourism Developments: Leadership and Innovation
- Service Sector Entrepreneurship
- Business Ethics and Sustainability
- International Conference Tourism
- Strategic Management
- Applied Business Research and Analysis
- Minimum of 5 passes including English and mathematics.
UCAS tariff points
- BSc: 260-300 points With Professional Experience: 280-320 points
GCE A level
- 3 “C” Grade passes or above
BTEC National Diploma
- DMM/DMM - DDM with placement
- indicatively 24 points for International Baccalaureate Diploma (25 points for Professional Experience Year)
Supports and Facilities
- Highly qualified faculty with relevant industrial experience
- Friendly and accessible staff.
- Library with books covering the range of subjects and options for the programmes study, plus periodicals and internationals journals.
- On-line access to electronic Journals and Periodicals.
- High-tech multimedia computer facility with unlimited Wi-Fi internet access
- Air-conditioned lecture rooms & syndicate rooms for group work and discussions that provide a comfortable learning environment.
- Social and cultural activities
- Canteen and recreation facilities.
Imperial Institute of Higher Education
No.25 ½ , Tower Building , Station Road
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org