BSc (Hons) Business and Information Technology
The Business and Information Technology course has been carefully designed in collaboration between our expert course leaders and an impressive collection of partners in business, industry and the public sector. You will find modules are inspired by the very latest information systems research. You will learn about the management of information in organizations by understanding systems concepts, communications and information technologies. You will also develop a detailed understanding of the relationships between business organizations, information and technology, and also how individuals and groups operate within an organization.
This is a three year full-time undergraduate honors degree with the option to undertake a fourth year as a paid placement. All modules run through all three semesters of the academic year.
- Principles of Systems Development
- Principles of Accounting
- Principles of HRM
- Principles of Economics
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Marketing
- People and Computing
- Project Management
- Law in a Business Context
- Mobile Application Development
- Entrepreneurial Project
- Professional Development
- BIT Project 1
- eCommerce, Consulting and Practice
- BIT Project 2
- Business Innovation with Digital Technology
- Strategic Management
- Business Ethics and Sustainability
- Minimum of 5 passes including English and mathematics.
UCAS tariff points
- BSc: 260-300 points With Professional Experience: 280-320 points
GCE A level
3 ‘C’ Grade passes or above
BTEC National Diploma
- DMM/DMM - DDM with placement
Supports and Facilities
- Highly qualified faculty with relevant industrial experience
- Friendly and accessible staff.
- Library with books covering the range of subjects and options for the programmes study, plus periodicals and internationals journals.
- On-line access to electronic Journals and Periodicals.
- High-tech multimedia computer facility with unlimited Wi-Fi internet access
- Air-conditioned lecture rooms & syndicate rooms for group work and discussions that provide a comfortable learning environment.
- Social and cultural activities
- Canteen and recreation facilities.
Imperial Institute of Higher Education
No.25 ½ , Tower Building , Station Road