BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
This course has been designed to develop the skills you need for a high-level career in accountancy, finance, banking, insurance, the public sector or general management.
You will benefit from exemptions in the following professional exams:
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants (CIPFA)
The Professional Experience Year is recognized by both CIMA and ACCA as one of the three years of postgraduate experience required for formal certification.
Exemptions will also be consider for CMA,AAT,ICASL etc.
All Accounting and Finance students study the same modules in the first year, after which you are given the flexibility to review and change your options depending on which subjects interest you the most. This approach gives you a vital foundation in key business disciplines to support the subjects you go on to study in your second and final years. It also means that all students achieve the same level of Accounting and Finance knowledge at the end of their first year.
- Principles of Accounting
- Principles of HRM
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Economics
- Business and the Accountant
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management information systems
- Financial planning and Software applications
- The International Regulatory and Economic Environment
- Professional Development
- Law in Business Context
- Business Taxation
- Management accounting for control
- Audit Framework
- International and Business Finance
- International Financial reporting
- The Professional Accountant
- Minimum of five at grade C or higher, including English language and Maths
UCAS tariff points
- BSc: 260-300 points With Professional Experience: 280-320 points
GCE A level
- 3- ‘C’ Grade Passes
BTEC National Diploma
- DMM/DMM - DDM with placement
- indicatively 24 points for International Baccalaureate Diploma (25 points for experience year)
Supports and Facilities
- Highly qualified faculty with relevant industrial experience.
- Friendly and accessible staff.
- Library with books covering the range of subjects and options for the programmes study, plus periodicals and internationals journals.
- On-line access to electronic Journals and Periodicals.
- High-tech multimedia computer facility with unlimited Wi-Fi internet access
- Air-conditioned lecture rooms & syndicate rooms for group work and discussions that provide a comfortable learning environment.
- Social and cultural activities
- Canteen and recreation facilities.
Imperial Institute of Higher Education
No.25 ½ , Tower Building , Station Road