BSc (Hons) Business Management
The course aims to provide students with a firm disciplinary base in Business Administration. It covers the functional areas of business management, the environment in which business entities operate, and the emerging issues of the commercial world. This degree equips the students with tools and techniques needed to step comfortably into the world of work both nationally and globally. It transforms individuals to professionals capable of adding value to organizations, thus becoming strong business leaders.
The undergraduate degrees are designed to provide the necessary knowledge and skills required by modern industry. Teaching and learning methods together with the structure of the programme ensure that graduates are employable without further training. All modules require students to work in groups and to
make presentations as part of the continuous assessment process.
The University of Wales undergraduate programme at IIHE includes a Real Life Problem Solving project (RLPS) in the final year, where students are divided into groups and are expected to find solution for actual problems and issues affecting HR, Finance, Distribution or Marketing of a selected company. Students of
IIHE deal with large corporate such as Unilever, Fonterra, Dialog, John Keells etc. This provides an opportunity to demonstrate their skills and abilities to potential employers.
Also during the final year, students are expected to complete a 15,000 to 20,000 words dissertation that is totally research based. This dissertation enables students to integrate their knowledge and skills to address an industrial problem and provide solutions based on scientific methodology. All though the BSc (Hons) degree is in management, students can chose to specialize in HR, Finance or Marketing by selecting appropriate electives in the final year.
Year one is designed to lay the foundation while progressively in year two and three the emphasis shifts from lecture to guided reading, learner-centered resource-based activities such as case studies, problem solving workshop, seminars etc . The students are encouraged to bear the responsibility for their own learning, while
staff play a facilitating role. The dissertation and the RLPS project undertaken in the final year provides the opportunity for independent learning and for integrating research skills, and the application of theoretical knowledge to a real-world problem from business/industry.
- Introduction to Accounting
- Fundamentals of Management
- Fundamentals of QM
- Introduction to Economics
- Business & Legal Environment
- Introduction to IT
- Financial Accounting
- QM for Business Decisions
- Organizational behavior
- Introduction to Marketing
- Advanced Economics
- Management Science
- Company Law
- Management Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Information Systems for Business
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Management of Change
- International Business
- Strategic Management
- 02 Electives
- RLPS (Real Life problem solving)
- Research Methodology
- 04 Electives
- Six (6) O/L passes with three (3) Credits including Credits in English and Mathematics and two (2) passes at A/L, OR
- Four (4) O/L passes with three (3) Credits including in English and Mathematics and at least (3) passes at A/L, OR
- International Baccalaureate with 26 points OR
- Any other qualification equal to A/L OR
- Mature students over the age of 21 with significant relevant work experience
Supports and Facilities
- Highly qualified faculty with relevant industrial experience
- Friendly and accessible staff.
- Library with books covering the range of subjects and options for the programmes study, plus periodicals and internationals journals.
- On-line access to electronic Journals and Periodicals.
- High-tech multimedia computer facility with unlimited Wi-Fi internet access
- Air-conditioned lecture rooms & syndicate rooms for group work and discussions that provide a comfortable learning environment.
- Social and cultural activities
- Canteen and recreation facilities.
Imperial Institute of Higher Education
No.25 ½ , Tower Building , Station Road
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org